Monday, August 08, 2005

Thanks Coney.

After 7 (yes, non-consecutive) years living in NYC, I have finally visited Coney Island, or as friends call her-just Coney. I guess somewhere in my head I just could not believe you could take the subway right to the beach. And, given my huge fear of the ocean, I didn't really want to find out. Well, you can. The train is just a block from Nathan's, and then it's just a couple more blocks balancing act with a chili dog in one hand and a large lemonade in the other until you are officially on the beach having the Coney experience. I also played some serious ski-ball. Of course, I picked up my ski ball skills on the Jersey shore, but it's nice to know New Yorkers appreciate a sport where you through wooden balls down a lane in exchange for plastic rings and bracelets, novelty erasers, and dare-I-only-hope.. a really fun toy like the kaleidoscope I took home for just 40 tickets! I also had a nice time walking on the beach and even put my feet in the water without hyperventilating. I'm so proud of myself.

Coney, thanks for a great day.

1 comment:

whimperandwhine said...

Thanks for posting on my blog baby, next time can you try not to burn me in front of the entire world wide web? That would be great.