Thursday, March 02, 2006

Late Night Snack

Have you ever heard that joke where someone says they dreamt of eating a huge marshmallow and when they woke up their pillow was gone? Allow me to tell an embarrassing, yet entertaining story of this nature.

First, I must mention that I sometimes sleep with wax earplugs. They drown out background noise, snoring and generally help me sleep soundly. Monday night I put my earplugs in my hand as my girlfriend and I were going to sleep. We talked for a while, and I fell asleep without putting in the earplugs.

Then, in the middle of the night I woke up. I was still half asleep and I noticed I could hear some snoring. So I thought to myself I should put in my earplugs. Turning my attention to my hand, I realized they were missing. Where could they be?

It was then that I reached another level of being awake and I suddenly realized I was CHEWING on something.

Yes, I ate my wax earplugs in my sleep. I immediately shot out of bed and ran to the bathroom to spit the remaining wax out.

What would make me do this? Why would I put them in my mouth, never mind chew and swallow some? From now on, no foreign objects smaller than a breadbox in the bed.

Have you ever eaten something unintentional in your sleep? Gum in your hair is one thing, but this is a bit out of hand.

1 comment:

bit said...

dude, i am laughing so hard i'm crying right now. i needed that. *whew*