Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scent-o-Matic

I am from New Jersey, and I consider myself somewhat of a veteran when it comes to diners. I have been to big diners, small diners, fancy diners, cruddy diners, diners of every sort. And in every one you can order breakfast all day, usually a dinner with so many courses and portions you could never eat it (unless you are my parents who intentionally go and order 1 to share), a variety of burgers and my favorite, fries with cheese & brown gravy.

You can imagine that I was taken aback last week when I went to a diner in Saratoga, NY and was surprised. It was not the menu, but the bathroom that was the highlight of the experience. On my way out of the restroom I noticed the "scent-o-matic," a vending machine for perfume. It seems so old-school, yet the scents provided were J.Lo's "glow", Tommy Girl and Eternity. For only 25 cents, you can spritz yourself to smell like a 14 year old. Who knew?

No comments: