Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Your Daily Dosage (of feminism, that is)

For those days when my blog is not updated, here are a few sites I've been turned on to recently.

First, Erin (aka best-girlfriend-ever) sent me this site. I'm sure you are familiar with the whole "abstinence-only" movement, which I like to think of as the "religious freaks are bribing our school stystem to brainwash our children" program. Well, I can't tell if this site is real or a satire, but it really brings a new perpective to the whole issue. Enjoy!

The other site is here. Finally, a site encouraging cell phone use that I can support! They ask that when you experience street harassment, you use your camera phone to take a picture for posting. Take that construction workers! Sock it to that guy who hangs out near the subway entranace and can not keep his trap shut! Make sure everyone knows that street harassment is not OK!

No comments: