Tuesday, January 10, 2006

You can't always get what you want.....but if you try sometimes, you get what you need

Ok, that picture of the cat is cute, but I guess it's time to post something new. Last night, the powers-that-be were conspiring against me in a way that I can only guess was intented to give me some news to report. Last night I decided to revisit and old habit of going to $5 Gulash night at Cafe Steinhof. I used to go there a couple times a month and was always satisfied with my cheap-yet delicious meal. Last night, arriving around 8:45 I found the place packed. I could not deal with the wait or the noice, so I remembered Bar Toto on 11th and 6th avenue, which has served me well in the past. As I approached 11th st, however, I saw firetrucks. Joking to my companion, I suggested the trucks were probably there just to make sure I still had no place to go for dinner. Sadly, I was right. I didn't see any damage. But Bar Toto was most definitely closed down, strewn with yellow caution tape and the site of some kind of fire damage. Argh.

Eventually, Rice Thai on 7th provided a warm meal in a quiet and non-fire-damaged environment. Thank you rice thai.

No comments: