Wednesday, May 31, 2006

If you like beauty products...you may also have an eating disorder!

I like to shop online. It's easy, quick, and you don't have to carry stuff home. Today as I was checking out drugstore.com, I happened upon this page. I was looking for my favorite Dove Cucumber Body Lotion, and accidentally landed on their "firming lotion" page instead. Interested to read exactly what this lotion claimed to 'firm,' I scrolled down the page. Here I saw the "if you like this product, you might also like..." Suggestions. Now what do the drugstore.com folks think of those that purchase Dove firming lotion? Apparently, we also need to purchase diuretics (yuck!) and/or chafing relief cream. I'm surprised they didn't also include links to girdles or ipecac. And isn't Dove the company who has been running those ads with the women who love their curves? I guess they don't love chafing.

No comments: