Wednesday, March 02, 2005

How Delightful

I was doing some serious, work-related research on the Ann Taylor website this morning (stalking a dress that will hopefully go on sale one day). In reading over the site, I noticed something. Ann Taylor has a mission. "Ann Taylor's mission is to delight you." Doesn't that just sound lovely? I always thought thier mission was to create an army of pastel colored working women. Or maybe, like any business, their mission is to make money. No, they are interested in the practice of "delighting."

Working for a nonprofit, I'm familiar with the concept of a mission, but I've never read one that is quite so..well...delightful. Maybe they really are an evil corporate giant that tries to push conformist gender stereotypes on women, but they just seem so sweet. Ann Taylor, you have delighted me.

Maybe tomorrow the Gap will hug me and Banana Republic will bring me breakfast in bed.

No comments: