Monday, November 08, 2004

NPR Rocks My World...Again!

Last night I saw Ira Glass at Town Hall, and it was even better than I could have imagined. First, he was introduced by my not-so-secret girlfriend Sarah Vowell. Awesome. Did you know she is voicing the teenage daughter in the Incredibles? I may have to actually see a Disney movie now. Damn.

Then, Ira himself started the show in the dark. Then, as to give the audience a bit more than you get on the radio, the lights went up to reveal the "real" Ira Glass. Pretty much what I would have thought.

The show was funny, sentimental, politically aware, and basically everything you'd expect from the creator of This American Life. Then, Ira did a presentation of a DVD/radio documentary on Lost Buildings in Chicago with Chris Ware. It was really interesting, and if you like architecture and/or animation, it's worth checking out.

Anyway, thank you NPR.

No comments: