Monday, May 23, 2005

The Legal Seafood “Experience”

Well I had a great weekend in Boston. I caught up with high school friends, bought a cute hat (photo forthcoming), and celebrated the birthday of someone I've known for 25 years. Our birthday dinner was, however, somewhat of a disappointment.

We went to Legal Seafood, a restaurant I usually enjoy and have wondered in the past why there are no NYC locations. Our waiter very nicely came over and told us the specials.

So-and-so appetizer 24.00,
this little tasty dish, 32.00,
and on and on.

I guess we didn't notice he stopped giving us the prices as he sold us the "experience." Several kinds of shellfish all fried up and tasty, most of which I am allergic to, but hey there were 8 of us, who doesn't like to share a nice appetizer.

Well, to our surprise, the real "experience" was that of shock when we read on the bill that this one appetizer had cost $66! I guess our waiter saw our large party and included gratuity and decided to get to work saving up for that new Red Sox Cap. Freakin' Bostonians. Sheesh.

No comments: