Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Those Crazy Canadians

So, this past weekend (I love how my summer weekends include Thursday and Friday) I went to visit some friends in Western, NY-Rochester to be exact. While the University of Rochester tour by my friend (an alum) was fun, and eating what are called "garbage plates" (a UofR tradition involving macaroni salad, beans, home fries, burgers, onions and of course mystery sauce) were both fun, the highlight was our trip to Canada. We saw Niagara Falls, which was just as impressive and even more wet than expected. I also unsuccessfully gambled $10 into 0. The most unexpected part of my trip to Canada was the superfluous use of the word 'beaver' and images thereof. The picture above was taken at a gas station. I guess the gas company is called Beaver. There were even signs reading "Beaver-working hard for your money." Sadly, these were neon and did not make good photos.

No comments: