Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Thanksgiving Roundup

What has gone on since last week? Well, I know the first thing coming to mind is probably my birthday, but there were a few additional events.

Wedesday-narrowly avoided the mess that became Penn Station. Actually, while I did avoid delays, it was still a super-humid, filled with travelers, stress producing, overall yucky train ride. But at least I got a seat.

Thursday-Turkey Day. I went to the gym in the morning under the impression that 35 minutes of running was enough to pre-empt the thanksgiving meal weight gain. Then I went home and had a lovely family dinner. My mom even invented a new cocktail (with some help from my brother-in-law). It was called the fruit basket. Basically sex on the beach with peach schnopps instead of triplesec. Soon it will be in all the clubs-substitute red bull for seltzer and it's a hipster delight. Totally Deck!

There was also major shopping, 2 pre-birthday bashes (as in appropriate) and some actual birthday fun on Sunday. But enough chronicling of events.

Following many of my blogger pals, I am thankful for:

my new apartment
my family
full time employment
park slope
great friends
and of course...

my birthday!
Don't worry, the season's almost over.

PS-Above brother in law also got in trouble for throwing away a perfectly good turkey wing. AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS!

No comments: