Wednesday, January 05, 2005

My internet access hath returned! Thanks for your patience. This past week has certainly motivated me to figure out my home internet access issue once and for all. Anyone have advice on creating a wireless network between two desktops (one mac and one pc). I think maybe I need this, which also seems like it will be a cool ipod/stereo accesory. It's just such a pain to deal with these details when I'm at work 9-5. (or on days like today 10-6). Plus, accomodating the wishes of my roommate is still something to which I am adjusting.

Reading any good books lately? I did a lot of reading while I was internet deprived. I highly recommend Mountains Beyond Mountains, a true story about a doctor who makes it his life mission to treat the TB in poverty stricken communities and prove to the world that cost effectiveness is not the best metric for measuring the usefulness of healthcare interventions. The scariest part of this book was how transferable the funding debates are to those within the US. Next on the list “Eats, Shoots and Leaves” a book for punctuation sticklers.

No comments: