Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Good, The Bad, The Jersey

Last night I had a very heated discussion on the merits of Phillip Freneau, poet of the American Revolution and Matawan, NJ's native son. After many points were made, and Mr. Freneau was googled several times, we finally had agreement that he is a well known American Revolution Age poet and was indeed from the town next door to my own home town. I left feeling vindicated that good, wholesome, and important things come out of New Jersey, even my home county of Monmouth.

This afternoon I read this. Several mayors and city officials in Monmouth county were awoken and put in handcuffs this morning as the FBI arrested and booked them for extortion and taking bribes. Thanks Jersey. And yes, this includes the mayor of my own hometown of Hazlet. Go rockets!

No comments: