Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Is mayonnaise Conservative?

This month is the annual hot chocolate festival at City Bakery, on 18th St btwn 5th & 6th avenue in Manhattan. My office is located exactly 1/2 block away, so I have been partaking of these yummy festivities, and you should too.

They have a different flavor of hot chocolate every day. Today I went to pick it up, and the calendar said today's flavor was "Red State Hot Chocolate." What does that mean? Apparently, it means that this particular cup of yummy looking chocolate liquid is actually made from-Mayo!

First of all, YUCK. Second, why is mayo a red state thing? I always thought mayo was more of a waspy Connecticut thing-Like a turkey sandwich on wonderfully with mayo. Anyone who lives/have lived in a red state know the mayo connection? Any daring mayo combinations I should try? And what do you think should go in Blue State Hot Chocolate?

1 comment:

Lesterhead said...

Blue State hot chocolate should have pot in it.