Monday, February 28, 2005

Thanks Dad

This weekend I took some friends up to my family’s country house in Kingston, NY. It’s nice because it’s outside the city, and there is the quiet and nature to enjoy. We actually spent a lot of time knitting and playing cards, but did make a very successful excursion to the sewing store and to Keegan Ales-a local brewery with a generous tasting room staff.

I also got a very important lesson in “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree” when I realized I was overjoyed to see the 2 pages (back AND front) of directions created by my Dad on how to use the gas fireplace. It even had a diagram. While sometimes I criticize myself for being overly detail oriented and “decorating” my desk with a variety of color-coded post-its, it is good to know that this same quality protected me and my friends this weekend from gas leaks and explosions. Thanks OCD, and thanks Dad. I love you both.

No comments: