Thursday, February 17, 2005

STRIKE!!!!!!! or something like that

So, I'm in a union. Now I know that when my workplace is treating me unfairly, I am supposed to go to the union. But who do you go to when the union mistreats you, the mob maybe?

Situation Toothache began simply enough about a week ago. I have been in my job for over 3 months and was told that means I have benefits. However, upon calling the union (from whom the benefits are derived) I was told that I was not in the system and it would take weeks. They aslo want me to come up to the bronx (about 1 and 1/2 hours from my office) to pick up the book of providers. Havent they heard of the internet? or mail?

Well, eventually I go to the dentist and have no problem being served. They call the union, and say I'm in. Then they tell me I need a root canal. Yuck! (by the way, if you go to the root canal link their are acutally games and animation at the american dental association site. sounds like fun eh?)

Aparently this is something so expensive you need pre-approval from, guess who-that's right, the union. Upon calling they tell me again I'm not in the system and that it would take weeks to work out. After breaking donw into tears, they admit that they do have a fax machine and I can resubmit my form to be processed today. Let's see if that happens.

Meanwhile my tooth hurts! If this continues I'm going down to their offices and standing on their desks like Norma Rae. I swear!

No comments: